Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nicolás Lichtmaier <jn...@synapsis-sa.com.ar> on 2004/10/22 16:35:38 UTC

Interop problem with Axis 1.2RC1 and MS SOAP Toolkit 3

Hi, I'm new with both SOAP and Axis, and (of course) I'm having some
troubles.

I've posted first to the users list, but as there was no reply I'll try
here.

I've published a simple service and I had some troubles when connecting
from VB (SOAP toolkit). I've hand-editted the generated WSDL file and
now it works. How can I make this work without manual tweaking? Am I
doing something wrong is this a known bug?

The edits I've needed to do were to replace "soapenc:string" with
"xsd:string" in both the parameters and the return type definitions.
Without this VB gave the following error when parsing the WSDL file:
"SoapMapper: The schema definition with a targetnamepace of
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ for SoapMapper string could
not be found"

Thanks for any help.

Bye!