Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Mark W. Shead" <mw...@fas.harvard.edu> on 2006/05/26 23:14:59 UTC

Honeycomb (Tapestry + Hivemind + Hibernate) Demo Video

Honeycomb (http://honeycomb.javaforge.com) is a tool to quickly setup
a new web application using Tapestry, Hivemind, and Hibernate.  It
works off the idea that you are better off starting with a simple
runnable application and refactoring it to meet your needs.

After playing around with it for a few weeks, I made a 10 minute
video to demonstrate how Tapestry works to my co-workers.  You can
find the video here:

http://www.javaforge.com/proj/doc/details.do?doc_id=10600

In the video I build  a very very simple implementation of the core
functionality of sites like digg.com or reddit.com (submit and vote
for urls, popular urls rise to the top).

I thought some of the Tapestry users might find the video interesting
and possibly useful as a way to demonstrate how Tapestry can save
development time.

I'll probably try to do another version with narration sometime, so
if you have any suggestions or comments please send them to me. (I
already know I need to replace ActionLink.)

--Mark
mwshead at fas.harvard.edu