Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Gregory Boissinot <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 18:02:28 UTC

RE: using archiva as ivy repository

Archiva is a Maven repository manager. It’s Maven centric.
So, you need to deploy Maven artifacts and you have to generate a Maven
descriptor (pom.xml).

How are you doing that?
It seems it’s not possible with only the Ivy tool.

In my opinion, you have to use alternatively Maven Ant Tasks or the new
build system Gradle that provides this feature.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks very much
--
Gregory

RE: using archiva as ivy repository

Posted by Gregory Boissinot <gr...@gmail.com>.
I finally found my problem by using the Ant Ivy task <ivy:makepom/> (
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/makepom.html).

This task generates a Maven 2 pom.xml, so I can publish (with
<ivy:publish/>) the target artifact and the pom.xml into Archiva.
That's work fine.