Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mang Jun Lau <Ma...@otpp.com> on 2006/03/22 22:54:44 UTC

Re: running a internal repositories

What kind of errors do you get?

Have you read this page yet?
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html

_Mang Lau

"Pierre Monestie" <pm...@gmail.com>
03/22/2006 04:55 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
running a internal repositories

Hi,
I'm a bit confused as far as setting up an internal repository:
So far I just copied what was in my local cache onto it and that
worked. However what is the correct methods to install new jars onto
it. More precisely I want to install libraries that are not in the
maven central and for which I just have a jar. Maven will always
complain if I don't have a pom associated with it. I tried maven
install:install-file without success.
Thanks,
Pierre

Re: running a internal repositories

Posted by Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com>.
Actually I just figured I needed to run this:
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=<group-id> \
        -DartifactId=<artifact-id> \
        -Dversion=<version> \
        -Dpackaging=<type-of-packaging> \
        -Dfile=<path-to-file> \
        -DrepositoryId=<id-to-map-on-server-section-of-settings.xml> \
        -Durl=<url-of-the-repositor-to-deploy>

Thanks,
Pierre