Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Anh Hong <ho...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/07/29 05:51:20 UTC

Authentication Support with spark-submit cluster mode

Hi,I'd like to remotely run spark-submit from a local machine to submit a job to spark cluster (cluster mode).
What method do I use to authenticate myself to the cluster? Like how to pass user id or password or private key to the cluster

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Authentication Support with spark-submit cluster mode

Posted by Anh Hong <ho...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Zhan,I'm running Standalone Spark cluster and execute spark-submit from a local host outside the cluster. Beside kerberos, do you know any other existing method? Is there any JIRA opened on this enhancement request?
Regards,Anh.

     On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:15 PM, Zhan Zhang <zz...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

 If you run it on yarn with kerberos setup. You authenticate yourself by kinit before launching the job.
Thanks.
Zhan Zhang