Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Grossman <gr...@danielgrossman.org> on 2007/12/19 01:20:51 UTC

How often is the main rules channel updated?

I'm worried that my cronjob for sa-update is not working correctly, as it
hasn't updated anything since I installed it on 12-12.

How often do new rules come out on the main spamassassin.org channel?  Are
there announcements when that happens?

Thanks,
-dg

Re: How often is the main rules channel updated?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
James E. Pratt wrote:

> [...]
Also, if anyone wants to see the update history, they can always look at
the SVN tags..

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/tags/

The most recent tag for the 3.2 branch is:

sa-update_3.2_20071030131249
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/tags/sa-update_3.2_20071030131249/>

And the start of the number at the end of the tag decodes to 2007-10-30,
or 2007-October-30th (the date is in that order so a numeric sort
automatically puts them in date order.)

Your files may differ in date stamp based on what date you actually ran
sa-update and grabbed them, but it shouldn't be any older than that..

(and yes, there's a lot more recent updates on the 3.3 branch, but
that's still a development branch. Because of this the dev are free to
push rules to that channel with less testing.)

RE: How often is the main rules channel updated?

Posted by "James E. Pratt" <jp...@norwich.edu>.