Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tim Dugan <TD...@prospricing.com> on 2007/12/10 16:55:40 UTC

Question about Adding a new Timer

Within JMeter, how can I add a new Timer?

I would like to be able to simulate software that processes transactions
by staff that receive phone calls at certain rates and enter data
requests into their terminals which are processed by our service.

In particular, I would like to find a way to add an Exponential
Timer...because, as far as I can tell, none of the existing Timers
provide the right behavior to simulate arrival times.  (see the
following:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_distribution for
explanation)

Even better would be if we can somehow trigger a Timer relative to the
last Timer triggering, rather than after a complete cycle so as to keep
the distribution correct..

Would be even better if we could implement a specific queuing model
based on standard parameters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queuing_model

It seems like the tool isn't too far off from being able to do this.

Tim Dugan | PROS | Real-Time Technical Lead, Product Development
phone: +1 713-335-5151 | email: tdugan@prospricing.com
<ma...@prospricing.com>
Join us at the 14th Annual PROS Summit * April 20-23, 2008 at the Hilton
Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas * Register at www.prospricing.com
<http://www.prospricing.com/>

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you

RE: Question about Adding a new Timer

Posted by Tim Dugan <TD...@prospricing.com>.
Hmm...I found this reference:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Bea
nShell_Timer

It might be a good step in the right direction.

Tim Dugan | PROS | Real-Time Technical Lead, Product Development

There is a BeanShell Timer. You can write any code you want to provide

the time delay. This could be use to prototype the timer; if necessary

an actual java version could be created.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.