Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Christopher Mihaly <cm...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/11 01:01:42 UTC

JMX Connector problems

I am getting Failed to start jmx connector:
javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi [Root exception is
java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi] in my startup of activemq.  I
beleive this is being caused by a server we are running that uses port 1099.
This is the port that I believe activemq jmx server uses by default.  I
tried changing the value in conf/activemq.xml or by adding
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1090 to the activemq command line but it
does not make any difference.  It still tries to use port 1099.

Strnagely, if I run activemq as a different user than our server, it does
work, and creates a jmx port at 1099.

Not sure what is worng here, and not sure how to change the jmx port.  Any
ideas?

   Thanks
     Chris

Re: JMX Connector problems

Posted by Christopher Mihaly <cm...@hotmail.com>.
I'm sorry, I never got a stack track or a dump, just a fail message.  Is
there something I need to turn on to get this?

I was able to resolve this.  I changed the port in the activemq.conf to 1080
(and after a few times, I noticed the whole block is commented out, so
uncommented it) and it now works correctly on port 1080.  I do believe the
problem was that port 1099 is being used by another program at the time.

Thanks
   Chris

Re: JMX Connector problems

Posted by bizcenter <bi...@gmail.com>.
connectorPath in ManagementContext is jmxrmi, if you create more instances
of ManageContext, the error above will occur.
change connectorPath (or port).

Re: JMX Connector problems

Posted by Ashwini Kuntamukkala <ak...@gmail.com>.
Here is the stacktrace
[...]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Re: JMX Connector problems

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/11/06, Christopher Mihaly <cm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting Failed to start jmx connector:
> javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi [Root exception is
> java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi] in my startup of activemq.

Could you post a full stack trace please?

> beleive this is being caused by a server we are running that uses port 1099.

NameAlreadyBoundException sounds like the connection worked fine, its
an ObjectName is already bound. From you rmail I've just no idea what
kind of ObjectName (there are lots).

--

James
-------