Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by David Gagnon <dg...@accovia.com> on 2005/01/06 17:55:08 UTC

Improve performance on firts access

Hi all,

  I have result-maps with more than 50 fields. The big problem is the time
of the first access. It may takes 10 to 15 seconds witch is really long to
get the result of a query. I know the result-map and query get parsed at the
first access.  Is there a way to speed up the process?

I searched the mailing list for performance tips but haven’t found something
substantial. I’m pretty sure I’m not the first one facing this problem so I
probably not searched at the right place :-(

Any help will be appreciated

By the way, I’m running 1.X version I haven’t migrate to 2.0 yet.

Thanks!

/David

-----------------------------
David Gagnon, M.Sc.A., ing.
 <ma...@accovia.com> dgagnon@accovia.com
Accovia inc.
Place-Alexis-Nihon, tour 2, bureau 1400
3500, boul. De Maisonneuve Ouest
Montréal, QC   H3Z 3C1
www.accovia.com

Re: Improve performance on firts access

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you're using SQL Maps 2.0, then here's what you want to do (in
order of importance):

1) Ensure you've specified a parameterMap or parameterClass attribute
on your statement.

2) Use an explicitly defined <resultMap> and DON'T allow remapping of
results (new 2.0.9 feature)

3) Use a JavaBean (not a Map or XML etc.)

4) Make sure all of your properties are "simple properties" (no
dot.notation, array[] access or mixed bean/map properties).

5) Try enabling bytecode enhancement in your <settings> element.

If you can do all of this, there will be NO late binding, it will all
occur at the time the SQL Map is built.

Cheers,
Clinton