Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Arati <ar...@persistent.co.in> on 2001/09/13 07:14:46 UTC

XSL tags supported by XALAN

Respected Sirs and Madams,
                                              I am using XALAN xslt
processor to generate an HTML
file from an xml and xsl file. I have to do this so as to support netscape.
In my servlet I check the browser type. If it is IE 5 and above, then, I
post the xml file with xsl
over it. But if, the browser is netscape, then I use XALAN to convert the
xml file to html file.
I found out that, that XALAN gives some errors in xsl file whereas the same
file is perfectly
acceptable to IE
e.g. XALAN says :-  match attribute not allowed with xsl:when tag
                                           So, my question is -
1)  What are the xsl tags supported by XALAN?
2) Are there any differences between the tags supported by IE and those
supported by XALAN?
    And if, what are they?

Thanks and Regards,
Arati Rahalkar