Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID> on 2018/04/03 09:22:16 UTC

java.lang.IllegalStateException

Hey, I am having a problem with this IllegalStateException when I share a plugin with another developer who is running the same version as I am;

Version: incubator-netbeans-release-228-on-20180312
Built with maven on MacOS 11.12.6.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find TopComponent with preferredID
XXXXMainTopComponent, see IDE log for more details.
    at org.openide.windows.OpenComponentAction.actionPerformed(OpenComponentAction.java:69)
    at org.openide.awt.AlwaysEnabledAction$1.run(AlwaysEnabledAction.java:174)
    at org.openide.util.actions.ActionInvoker$1.run(ActionInvoker.java:70)
    at org.openide.util.actions.ActionInvoker.doPerformAction(ActionInvoker.java:91)
    at org.openide.util.actions.ActionInvoker.invokeAction(ActionInvoker.java:74)
    at org.openide.awt.AlwaysEnabledAction.actionPerformed(AlwaysEnabledAction.java:177)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:369)
    at java.desktop/com.apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(ScreenMenuItem.java:129)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(MenuItem.java:690)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(MenuItem.java:649)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java:375)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:363)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:769)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:717)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:711)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:89)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:99)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:739)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:737)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:89)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:736)
    at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:136)
[catch] at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:199)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Thanks for any help!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.

Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException

Posted by Hermien Pellissier <mi...@gmail.com>.
Glad to hear it!

~ Hermien

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
Thanks man…can’t be sure exactly but I think I just had a literal out of sync…appears to be working now!

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Luff,Chris <Ch...@cerner.com.invalid>> wrote:
[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024<tel:(816)%20221-1024>. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2F%3Fq%3D37%2BNorth%2BWharf%2BRoad%2C%2BLondon%2BW2%2B1AF%26entry%3Dgmail%26source%3Dg&data=02%7C01%7CChris.Luff%40cerner.com%7C174e868a010241aea5f708d599490ef1%7Cfbc493a80d244454a815f4ca58e8c09d%7C0%7C0%7C636583461462819844&sdata=Wa0Zd6%2BfYc6yIvu2Tfh7XdCcgMRJ5SaVswebnezzl%2B8%3D&reserved=0>.

Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException

Posted by Hermien Pellissier <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,