Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Markus Jung <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/10 11:15:49 UTC

Compiling Tapestry projects in Eclipse & how to build

Hi,

when I tried to compile the tapestry source code in Eclipse I faced two
problems that were easy to fix.

1. Invalid project reference to tapestry5-annotations, should be
tapestry-annotations
2. Plastic project layout has wrong source code directories configured (due
to pom.xml configuration)

I described it in detail in my blog -
http://viennamarkus.blogspot.com/2011/05/using-eclipse-to-compile-apache.html

To avoid any other pitfalls? Which IDE do you suggest for Tapestry framework
development and which tool is used to build it. I have seen that there was a
switch to Gradle. I just need to make local builds to replace the tapestry
libs of my demo web app.

Is there maybe some small Tapestry5 build guide - e.g. like for Tapestry4 -
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/BuildingTapestry. Unfortunately I was not
able to find a complete guide in the documentation, wiki and the mailing
lists.

Kind regards,
Markus

Re: Compiling Tapestry projects in Eclipse & how to build

Posted by Markus Jung <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

thanks for the advice. I have tried it with m2eclipse. First it looked good,
but some projects are not imported as Java projects.

I switched back to the eclipse:eclipse method. To build my local version I
use the command line. To have the projects being compiled in eclipse is nice
for coding but not that important to make a build.

I have already managed to make a custom local build. Since some tests were
failing I had to set the skip test flag for the maven install command. That
is not nice, but at the moment I'm just making some expirments. The problems
are mostly related to my development environment, e.g. I had to revert
Firefox back to version 3 to make the selenium tests working.

As next step I will come up with a first prototype for CSRF protection, to
have something to discuss on.

Thanks for your help so far.

Re: Compiling Tapestry projects in Eclipse & how to build

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 10 May 2011 06:15:49 -0300, Markus Jung <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

Have you tried to use m2eclipse instead of eclipse:eclipse?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor