Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Kiran BV <bv...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/21 23:40:28 UTC

Question on grammar caching

1. I have a set of in-memory schema grammars for one or more namespaces. I
always want to use this instead of the one specified in the xml instance
doc.
I can cache the in-memory grammars but would the SAX Parser automatically
resolve the schema in the instance doc to the in-memory one.
Since I would be writing a generic handler, I would not know the names of
the exact schema locations specified in the instance document.

2. Can I force validation on a xml which does NOT have a schemaLocation
specified using the in-memory schema.

3. What happens if the SAX parser has an error while grammars are cached.
Are they cleared and the grammars have to be cached again.

Thanks
Kiran

Re: Question on grammar caching

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,

> 1. I have a set of in-memory schema grammars for one or more namespaces. I
> always want to use this instead of the one specified in the xml instance
> doc.
> I can cache the in-memory grammars but would the SAX Parser automatically
> resolve the schema in the instance doc to the in-memory one.
> Since I would be writing a generic handler, I would not know the names of
> the exact schema locations specified in the instance document.

It will be based on namespace so will do what you want. Check out
usedCachedGrammarinParse.

> 2. Can I force validation on a xml which does NOT have a schemaLocation
> specified using the in-memory schema.

Yes, set validation to on. schemaLocation is only a hint.

> 3. What happens if the SAX parser has an error while grammars are cached.
> Are they cleared and the grammars have to be cached again.

No, they are still cached.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com