Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Modha Khammammettu <MK...@calcas.com> on 2009/04/07 20:01:54 UTC

Tag to main line

Hi All

I have tagged my SVN project.

Some changes after I tagged messed up the code, can you please tell me how to make the tagged code replace the current code.

Thanks
Modha/-

Re: Tag to main line

Posted by lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Talden wrote:
>Modha Khammammettu wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I have tagged my SVN project.
>>>
>>> Some changes after I tagged messed up the code, can you please tell me how
>>> to make the tagged code replace the current code.
>
>Daniel Becroft wrote:
>> Perform a reverse merge to roll-back those revisions that have caused the
>> issue. You shouldn't need to delete trunk.
>
>Is another way to use svnmucc and 'rm trunk cp TAGREV trunk trunk'?

whereas both methodes give the exact same result in restoring trunk to
the desired state, there is a difference in what you will see in the
log afterwards.

After a reverse merge you still see the commit messages of the
reverted revisions.

Deleting trunk and reinstating it from the tag (or the related trunk
revision) won't show those messages, and only tell that trunk was
replaced. The history of the thrown-away revisions is still accessable
though (you will need to use the peg revision syntax to get there).
--

Lorenz

Re: Tag to main line

Posted by Talden <ta...@gmail.com>.

Daniel Becroft wrote:
> Perform a reverse merge to roll-back those revisions that have caused the
> issue. You shouldn't need to delete trunk.

Is another way to use svnmucc and 'rm trunk cp TAGREV trunk trunk'?

That is, remove the current trunk and replace it with a copy from the
tagged revision. This would remove the unwanted changes from the
trunks line of history and doesn't show changes going into and out of
the tag path - this should be just as cheap as copying the tag and
much cheaper than the merge.  Does this have any unpleasant
consequences?

--
Talden

Re: Tag to main line

Posted by Daniel Becroft <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Perform a reverse merge to roll-back those revisions that have caused the
issue. You shouldn't need to delete trunk.

Cheers,
Daniel B.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Modha Khammammettu <MKhammammettu@calcas.com

--
---
Daniel Becroft

RE: Tag to main line

Posted by Modha Khammammettu <MK...@calcas.com>.
Using Tortoise SVN, deleted from the trunk and copied the directory back from tag.