Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com> on 2012/07/23 20:33:02 UTC

RE: Devcloud IP issue

Yes, that's true, there are two DHCP servers, one is the default VBOX NAT engine, another one is the cloudstack domR. Usually, the user vm will get dhcp response from VBOX NAT engine, then choose the IP leased by NAT engine.
I fixed this issue already, but haven't create the latest devcloud image yet.
As a workaround, you can manually execute the following line in devcloud:

    apt-get install ebtables
    iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -p udp --dport bootpc -j CHECKSUM --checksum-fill
    mac=`ifconfig xenbr0 |grep HWaddr |awk '{print $5}'`
    ebtables -I FORWARD -d ! $mac -i eth0 -p IPV4 --ip-prot udp --ip-dport 67:68 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/iptables.save
    /etc/init.d/ebtables save

Then restart your user vm, user vm will get an IP address from domr instead of from VBOX.

> If I use unmodified Devcloud and I start my VM the assigned IP is
> within the range but when opening console it fails to resolve
> realhostip.com. Ping fails for that assigned IP as well. I got help
> here:

Are you using the default mgt server created in devcloud or the mgt server redeployed by yourself?
If it's the default mgt server, need to add the following configurations in devcloud to get console proxy work:
mysql --user=cloud -t cloud --password=cloud -e "insert into configuration (name, value) VALUES('consoleproxy.static.publicip', \"ip-of-your-host-machine\")"
mysql --user=cloud -t cloud --password=cloud -e "insert into configuration (name, value) VALUES('consoleproxy.static.port', \"8443\")"

If you are using the mgt server deployed by yourself, then by default, the console proxy should work.

Re: Devcloud IP issue

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.
Hi Edison,

>    apt-get install ebtables
>    iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -p udp --dport bootpc -j CHECKSUM --checksum-fill
>    mac=`ifconfig xenbr0 |grep HWaddr |awk '{print $5}'`
>    ebtables -I FORWARD -d ! $mac -i eth0 -p IPV4 --ip-prot udp --ip-dport 67:68 -j DROP
>    iptables-save > /etc/iptables.save
>    /etc/init.d/ebtables save
>
> Then restart your user vm, user vm will get an IP address from domr instead of from VBOX.

Thanks, works for me now.

> Are you using the default mgt server created in devcloud or the mgt server redeployed by yourself?

Mgt server redeployed my myself, I forgot to rdeploydb.
The default mgt server works after inserting those key, value in configuration.

Best regards,
Rohit