Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/05/21 22:36:08 UTC

updates, new submissions, and next steps

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I updated some of our previous submissions to JIRA and
added some new ones. The older submissions were updated to include some
fixes as well as the ASF 2.0 copyright header. The newer submissions were
for our WSN 1.3 and WSDM 1.1 implementations (a previous submission
included WEF, but not MUWS). This should cover all of the spec
dependencies that WSDM 1.1 has.

Our previous code base had a WSDL-to-Java-like proxy generator that was
used by our Eclipse tooling to generate bean-like proxies for
manageability interfaces. Obviously this CLI tooling is key, and it needs
to be extended to cover service-side project generation as well. Another
IBM developer, Andrew Eberbach, is working on this extension and would
like to contribute his first-pass to JIRA once he has all of the basics
worked out later this week (including s/ibm/apache). For now, I hope the
old and new test projects that have been uploaded can serve as the basis
for conversation about what's good and what's bad.

I am currently working on the ASF IP Clearance form. Once I have that ball
rolling, I will focus on the Axis2 support, and would love for it to be a
group effort. I'm not an expert user with Axis2, but I want to make Muse
fit on Axis2 in the best way possible. We're also interested in supporting
the latest version of OSGi, an implementation of which can be found in
Eclipse 3.2. Between platform support and the spec code we've submitted, I
hope we can start development discussions soon. :)

Dan

Dan Jemiolo
IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC

+++ I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts. +++