Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/18 14:59:09 UTC

[VOTE] KIP 368: Allow SASL Connections to Periodically Re-Authenticate

Hi everyone.  I would like to start the vote for KIP-368:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-368%3A+Allow+SASL+Connections+to+Periodically+Re-Authenticate

This KIP proposes adding the ability for SASL clients (and brokers when a
SASL mechanism is the inter-broker protocol) to re-authenticate their
connections to brokers and for brokers to close connections that continue
to use expired sessions.

Ron

Re: [VOTE] KIP 368: Allow SASL Connections to Periodically Re-Authenticate

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ron,

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. So, this is not an issue.

Jun

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ron,

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone.  This concludes the vote for KIP 368.  The vote passes with
three binding + 1 votes, from Rajini, Harsha, and Jun, and seven
non-binding +1 votes, from Mike, Konstantin, Boerge, Edoardo, Stanislav,
Mickael, and myself.

I have marked the KIP as "Accepted".

The pull request, available at *https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5582
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5582>*, is far along and should be
finished in the next day or two.

Ron

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Jun.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ron,

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for the KIP, Ron!

--
Best,
Stanislav

Re: [VOTE] KIP 368: Allow SASL Connections to Periodically Re-Authenticate

Posted by Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsha <ka...@harsha.io>.
KIP looks good. +1 (binding)

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron,

Posted by Konstantin Chukhlomin <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by mi...@nytimes.com, mi...@nytimes.com.

On 2018/09/18 14:59:09, Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I would like to start the vote for KIP-368:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-368%3A+Allow+SASL+Connections+to+Periodically+Re-Authenticate
>
> This KIP proposes adding the ability for SASL clients (and brokers when a
> SASL mechanism is the inter-broker protocol) to re-authenticate their
> connections to brokers and for brokers to close connections that continue
> to use expired sessions.
>
> Ron

+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] KIP 368: Allow SASL Connections to Periodically Re-Authenticate

Posted by mi...@nytimes.com, mi...@nytimes.com.

On 2018/09/18 14:59:09, Ron Dagostino <rn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I would like to start the vote for KIP-368:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-368%3A+Allow+SASL+Connections+to+Periodically+Re-Authenticate
>
> This KIP proposes adding the ability for SASL clients (and brokers when a
> SASL mechanism is the inter-broker protocol) to re-authenticate their
> connections to brokers and for brokers to close connections that continue
> to use expired sessions.
>
> Ron

+1 (non binding) Thanks for taking this on, Ron.

Re: [VOTE] KIP 368: Allow SASL Connections to Periodically Re-Authenticate

Posted by Boerge Svingen <bs...@borkdal.com>.
+1 (non-bonding)

We would very much like to see this merged.

Thanks,
Boerge.

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1 (non binding)