Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2006/06/23 18:28:34 UTC

automatically detecting if HTTPS is supported

Hi,

    I have a JSP that does a form submission, and I'm wondering if
there's any way I can detect if HTTPS is supported so that I can create
a secure https connection to my servlet, or use normal http if not.

    Thanks, Jason

Re: automatically detecting if HTTPS is supported

Posted by Sameer Acharya <ac...@yahoo.com>.
You should be able to do a isSecure() on the request object to check if the request is thru' secure channel.
-Sameer