Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2017/09/12 17:58:03 UTC

How to setup 2-phase auth for Github

I'm trying to get setup for gitbox, but a couple details are not panning
out correctly for me. Darrel is using Google Authenticator on iphone for
2-phase auth of Github. However, the URL that gives directions for setting
up 2-phase auth of Github does NOT have a section for setting up Google
Authenticator for Github on iphone:
https://help.github.com/articles/securing-your-account-with-two-factor-authentication-2fa/

Can anyone tell me how to setup 2-phase auth of Github using Google
Authenticator on iphone?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: How to setup 2-phase auth for Github

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dave! I have the Github 2-phase auth working with GA now.

Here's the URL in case anyone else ends up looking for it...

https://help.github.com/articles/configuring-two-factor-authentication-via-a-totp-mobile-app/

Thanks,
Kirk

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.