Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com> on 2010/02/05 01:00:19 UTC

Shipping returns broken?

I'm trying to process vendor returns using, approximately, revision
811564. It looks like the Google Checkout SECAS in special purpose
attempt to run when you change a shipment to "packed". That Google
Checkout code makes the assumption that you can get an order id from
each item in the shipment. Since this is a return, not an order, there
is no order id and the code fails with a null pointer exception.

What frightens me the most about this is that its been broken for
months. Is anyone processing returns off a recent (ie. in the last 10
months) version of OFBiz?

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: Shipping returns broken?

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.
Mridul Pathak wrote:
> I tried it but was not able to reproduce it.  I think I am not
> following the steps correctly.  It would be really helpful if you can
> explain the exact steps to reproduce it.
Did you generate a shipment from the return? You will have to create a
return, accept it and then create a shipment from the return. Then try
running that shipment through its pick, pack, ship routine.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: Shipping returns broken?

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I tried it but was not able to reproduce it.  I think I am not
following the steps correctly.  It would be really helpful if you can
explain the exact steps to reproduce it.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Mridul Pathak

Re: Shipping returns broken?

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Ok - thanks - I was misunderstanding - thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
Ruppert

Re: Shipping returns broken?

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.