Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Edge <mi...@db.com> on 2002/09/05 17:18:49 UTC

Re: cocoon-users Digest 5 Sep 2002 15:13:14 -0000 Issue 1567

Thanks for the suggestion Nicola. Could you point me in the direction of an example on how to do this? I've spent hours searching for information on redirects, and as with most Cocoon documentation, it's pretty vague.

Thanks

Michael

Michael Edge wrote:
> Hi All
>
> It seems to me that the following code will not work in Cocoon 2.
 > I believe it works in Cocoon 1, but for some reason the request
 > and response objects available within XSP for Cocoon 2 are not
 > HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse objects, but rather
 > some cocoon equivalents, org.apache.cocoon.environment.Response
 > and org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request. Unfortunately these
 > new classes do not include the sendRedirect method. Any ideas
 > how I would do this? I need to construct a URL in my code
 > and redirect to that URL.
>
>   <xsp:logic>
>     String url = URLEncoder.encode(url + whatever + parameters);
>     response.sendRedirect(url);
>   </xsp:logic>
>
> Thanks

Don't use XSPs for flow control, use the sitemap.

Add an Action that does this and redirect. You can write Actions using
XSPs BTW.

Better still, use the action to return the url and then do a <redirect>
in the sitemap; it makes your action more reusable.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:29:27 +0200
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>
To:  cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: XSP Redirect in Cocoon 2

http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Redirecting

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

From: "Ivelin Ivanov" <iv...@apache.org>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:36:24 -0500

Can you reach these links:

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/welcome
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/xmlform/wizard

From: "Ganael LAPLANCHE" <ma...@martymac.com>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: "if" not working
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:49:10 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to test the value of a hidden parameter  sent via an html form...
Here is the test :

<xsp:logic>
  if(<xsp-request:get-parameter  name="todo"/>=="search")
  {
    <xsp:content>That's ok  !</xsp:content>
  }
<xsp:logic>

The test never returns true... What's wrong  ???

Thank you,
Gan.
From: Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com>
To: "'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'" <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: RE: "if" not working
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:50:48 +0400

Try  to use "search".equals(<xsp-request .../>) instead.

--
Konstantin  Piroumian
kpiroumian@apache.org

From: Rob Grundel <rg...@pittsh.com.au>
To: "'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'" <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:50:30 +1000

use  the .equals("todo") operator on the string comparison

From: "Ganael LAPLANCHE" <gl...@jouve.fr>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:53:42 +0200

That's perfect, thank you very much :)
use  the .equals("todo") operator on the string comparison
I'm trying to test the value of a hidden  parameter sent via an html form...
Here is the test :

<xsp:logic>
  if(<xsp-request:get-parameter  name="todo"/>=="search")
  {
    <xsp:content>That's ok  !</xsp:content>
  }
<xsp:logic>

The test never returns true... What's wrong  ???

Thank you,
Gan.

This email may be confidential and/or privileged.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all  liability for viruses or similar in any attachment.

Copyright in this email and any document created by  Pitt & Sherry Consulting Engineers will

remain vested in Pitt & Sherry Consulting  Engineers and will not transfer to you.

If you have received this email by mistake, please  telephone (613) 6323 1900 (reverse charges),

or forward message to info@pittsh.com.au

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:53:25 -0400
From: "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <il...@kaon.com>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

I prefer the "search".equals(<xsp-request:get-parameter name="todo"/>)
form, since it will never throw a NullPointerException.

The reason ``=='' doesn't work is because ``=='' is identity, not
equality check. It will only return true if the two operands are the
same object, not two different objects having the same value.

2c
--
Ilya

From: "Ganael LAPLANCHE" <gl...@jouve.fr>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:01:24 +0200

Many thanks !

From: "Jan Bromberger" <vi...@gmx.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: No SesionManager provided for Seleector?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:46:40 +0200

I intend to write a SessionContextSelector and  tried to use a SessionManager just like the SessionTransformer does. But it  seems that there is no SessionManager provided to a Selector while a Transformer  gets one.
Am I right?
Why is that so?
And: Has anybody a suggestion for a  workaround?

Cheers,
Jan
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cz...@s-und-n.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: RE: No SesionManager provided for Seleector?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:58:21 +0200

This should work, you can get a SessionManager from the
ComponentManager.

What/how do you exactly try?

PS: Please send plain text mails and not html.

Carsten

From: "Jan Bromberger" <vi...@gmx.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:04:52 +0200

> This should work, you can get a SessionManager from the
> ComponentManager.
>
> What/how do you exactly try?

public void compose(final ComponentManager componentManager) throws
ComponentException {
    this.componentManager = componentManager;
    this.sessionManager = (SessionManager)
componentManager.lookup(SessionManager.ROLE);
}

The stacktrace says:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could not find
component
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(Excal
iburComponentManager.java:367)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComponentMa
nager.java:227)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory$ComponentManag
erProxy.lookup DefaultComponentFactory.java:314)

Cheers,
Jan

From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cz...@s-und-n.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:14:55 +0200

Ok, I'm not sure, but I think you can't lookup the SessionManager
in your compose() method. Try it in your select() method of
the Selector Interface.
That should work (I hope).

Carsten

From: "Jan Bromberger" <vi...@gmx.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:30:22 +0200

> Ok, I'm not sure, but I think you can't lookup the SessionManager
> in your compose() method. Try it in your select() method of
> the Selector Interface.
> That should work (I hope).

Yes, thanks. That helps.
But: The session that is provided is not the same as the one that I get
with:

    ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).getSession()

Where objectModel is from

    public boolean select(final String expression, final Map objectModel,
final Parameters parameters) {

In the latter there is my SessionContext in the one provided by the
SessionManager it is not.
Do you have a clue why?

From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cz...@s-und-n.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:53:00 +0200

When is your session context created?

Carsten

From: "Jan Bromberger" <vi...@gmx.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:59:05 +0200

> When is your session context created?
It should normaly be created only once on the first page request. At the
moment for test purposes there is the following pipe:

<map:match pattern="sessiontest">
 <map:generate src="foo.xml"/>
 <map:transform type="session"/>
 <map:select type="context">
 </map:select>
 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

So it is created by the session transformer before the select state.

I have now commented out the session create statement.. But nothing changes.

Cheers,
Jan

Und danke fuers helfen!

From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cz...@s-und-n.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:10:08 +0200

No, sorry - it is not. Actions, Matchers and Selectors are executed during
processing of the sitemap immediately - generators, transformers and
serializers
are executed after the complete xml pipeline is established.
So, first your selector is tested and at that time no context exists and
then is your xml pipeline executed which creates the context.

HTH
Carsten

To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
From: answer@tnoo.net (Martin =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCthi?=)
Subject: Re: Efficient aggregation
Date: 05 Sep 2002 15:47:57 +0200

Thank you for your hint. I just tried out XPathDirectoryGenerator (scratchpad)
which essentially does what I need, but is a lot less messy than my initial
approach. However, also these results seem not to get cached... Presumably I
should save the result with something like a SourceWritingTransformer, and
only rebuild the file after explizit request.

Martin

--
Martin Lüthi                 answer@tnoo.net

From: Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: The dbAdd action not working
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:37:26 -0600

Please help me:

I am using Cocoon 2.1:

In the sitemap I have:

<map:action-set name="process">
      <map:act action="Crear Categoria" type="form-validator">
             <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="add"/>
            <map:act type="dbAdd"/>
      </map:act>
<map:action-set>

The actions are declared:

<map:action logger="sitemap.action.dbAdd"
      name="dbAdd"
<map:action logger="sitemap.action.form-validator"
      name="form-validator"
      src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.FormValidatorAction"/>

The match in the pipeline is:

      <map:match pattern="cat-*.html">
        <map:act type="auth-protect">
                <map:parameter name="handler" value="agshandler"/>

            <map:match pattern="cat-*.html">
                <map:act set="process">
                    <map:parameter name="descriptor"
                  value="docs/cat-form.xml"/>
                    <!-- if success -->
                    <map:generate src="docs/cat-confirm.xsp"
                  type="serverpages"/>
                    <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                    <map:serialize/>
                </map:act> <!-- if fail -->
                <map:generate src="docs/cat-{1}.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
                <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                <map:serialize/>
            </map:match>
        </map:act>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>

The form-validator is working well, but the data are not going to the
database. I saw in the logs and there was not any logger activity to dbAdd.

What I am doing wrong?

Antonio Gallardo
From: "Klaus Bertram" <be...@n-bis.de>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: RE: The dbAdd action not working
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:47:34 +0200

Hi Antonio,

You must also set the for-descriptor for form validation

<map:parameter name="form-descriptor" value="docs/cat-form.xml"/>

The descriptor is only for the action dbAdd

Klaus

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:46:28 +0200
From: Gerhard Hipfinger <ge...@openforce.at>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

Hi Antonio,

This bug was reported from Ivan Luzyanin quite a long time ago. There is
a bug report under

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=9835

Please, confirm this bug, I hope someone will investigate this issue.
This bug is the reason I can't switch to 2.1 (and still use 2.0.3).

Regards,
Gerhard

From: Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:11:03 -0600

Gerhard:

Many thanks, I put to it 3 points in the bugzilla ;)

I hope it will be soon resolved.

Regards

Antonio Gallardo

Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:59:57 +0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale)
From: "Francesco Marchioni" <ma...@libero.it>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: Converting html documents to plain text

             Hi all,
             I have to task to convert lots of html documents
             downloaded with the URLConnection class....
             URL url = new URL("http://host/document.htm");
             URLConnection  urlConnection = url.openConnection();
             ...into plain text document to be written on my hard disk.
             I wonder if I can do it easily with Cocoon....I don't know it
             deeply......could you give some feedback ??
             Thanks
             Francesco

[IMAGE]  IncrediMail - il mondo della posta elettronica si  è finalmente evoluto - Clicca  Qui (Embedded image moved to file: pic08431.pcx)
From: Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com>
To: "'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'" <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Converting html documents to plain text
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:06:36 +0400

Cocoon  allows to setup a pipeline that will retrieve remote HTML documents,  transform them and write to the HD.
I think  you'll have to run Cocoon from command line and provide the list of all the  documents you need.

Though, I'm  not so sure that Cocoon's command line interface will work with remote  documents.

--
Konstantin  Piroumian

From: "Ganael LAPLANCHE" <gl...@jouve.fr>
To: <co...@xml.apache.org>
Subject: Re: REPOST: Uploaded file name problem
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:14:35 +0200

Yeh, that's very strange, I'd like to find the answer... If someone can
help...