Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ca...@folksam.se on 2003/11/06 09:00:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Environment problems CGI-scripts

Hi,
Env: AIX 5.2
IBM HTTP Server: 2.0.42.2

Question:
We have set up an environment with virtualhosts, each user has it's own
httpd.conf file.

The problem I'm facing is that I don't get the users environment passed.

When I'm trying to run cgi-scripts as a user, I will get the environment
variables (path, username)
from the last started http process.

I've searched on google, and earlier there seems to have been a variable
SetEnv, PassEnv where you could set the
environment per user, right? How do I do this today?

Basiclly my question is, how do I set like a ".profile" per user to be used
for cgi-scripts, when using
virtual hosts?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [users@httpd] Environment problems CGI-scripts

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 carl-johan.bergstrom@folksam.se wrote:
> Question:
> We have set up an environment with virtualhosts, each user has it's own
> httpd.conf file.

So you have a separate instance of httpd running for each user?  We don't
usually call that "virtual hosts", although I suppose it is from a
hardware standpoint.

> The problem I'm facing is that I don't get the users environment passed.
>
> When I'm trying to run cgi-scripts as a user, I will get the environment
> variables (path, username)
> from the last started http process.
>
> I've searched on google, and earlier there seems to have been a variable
> SetEnv, PassEnv where you could set the
> environment per user, right? How do I do this today?

Have you looked at the documentation?

> Basiclly my question is, how do I set like a ".profile" per user to be used
> for cgi-scripts, when using
> virtual hosts?

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/env.html