Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Patrick Hoeffel <pa...@issinc.com> on 2015/10/26 23:56:01 UTC

Querying Dynamic Fields

I have a simple Solr schema that uses dynamic fields to create most of my fields. This works great. Unfortunately, I now need to ask Solr to give me the names of the fields in the schema. I'm using:

http://localhost:8983/solr/core/schema/fields

This returns the statically defined fields, but does not return the ones that were created matching my dynamic definitions, such as *_s, *_i, *_txt, etc.

I know Solr is aware of these fields, because I can query against them.

What is the secret sauce to query their names and data types?

Thanks,

Patrick Hoeffel
Senior Software Engineer
Intelligent Software Solutions (www.issinc.com<http://www.issinc.com/>)