Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Summer Nguyen <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/27 05:36:36 UTC

Cloudstack-agent can not start

Dear cloudstack user & team,
I'm new to cloudstack and trying to set up a new Cloud for my company
using Cloudstack with KVM .
I'm stuck while adding Nodes to Cloudstack as below.
I have 2 Network :

  * Real Public network :
      o 10 VLANS
      o Run on eth0
      o I want to use for : *Public network
        *
  * Real Private Network
      o 1 VLAN
      o Run in eth1
      o I want to use for : Management Network, Storage Network, Guest
        Network .

I have 2 Machines :

  * Cloudstack Manager
      o IP Public : x.x.x.x
      o IP Private : 10.10.0.3
      o Cloudstack 4.6
  * Node
      o IP Public :  y.y.y.y
      o IP Private : 10.10.0.10
      o Cloudstack Agent 4.6

I follow the instruction Here:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.6/hypervisor/kvm.html
to Setup KVM Node.
Network Setup as follow :

*#Public Network , with VLAN TAGGED*

### ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=no
BOOTPROTO=static
BRIDGE=cloudbr0

###ifcfg-cloudbr0
DEVICE=cloudbr0
TYPE=Bridge
ONBOOT=yes

NM_CONTROLLED=no
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=y.y.y.y
NETMASK=255.255.255.128
GATEWAY=....

*#Private Network , VLAN 1
*

### ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE="eth1"
BOOTPROTO="static"
ONBOOT="yes"
TYPE="Ethernet"
BRIDGE=cloudbr1

###ifcfg-cloudbr1
DEVICE=cloudbr1
TYPE=Bridge
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=no
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=10.10.0.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

I can see that cloudstack manager can connect to cloudstack-agent, and
generate the config like that :

#/etc/cloudstack/agent/agent.properties

guid=fbc93d90-444b-3475-bfa7-1aeb37497766
resource=com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource
workers=5
host=10.10.0.3
port=8250
cluster=4
pod=4
zone=4
local.storage.uuid=93bdcac7-42f7-43b9-8bbe-ac54b646b16b
domr.scripts.dir=scripts/network/domr/kvm
hypervisor.type=kvm
private.network.device=cloudbr1
public.network.device=cloudbr0
guest.network.device=cloudbr1

And finally, Here is the error Log :

INFO  [utils.exception.CSExceptionErrorCode] (main:) Could not find
exception: com.cloud.utils.exception.NioConnectionException in error
code list for exceptions
ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:) Unable to start agent:
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to start the
connection!
     at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:229)
     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:399)
     at
com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgentFromClassInfo(AgentShell.java:367)
     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:351)
     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.start(AgentShell.java:461)
     at
     at
     at
org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:177)
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.NioConnectionException: Connection
closed with -1 on reading size.
     at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:94)
     at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:227)
     ... 9 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection closed with -1 on reading size.
     at com.cloud.utils.nio.Link.doHandshake(Link.java:513)
     at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioClient.init(NioClient.java:80)
     at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:88)
     ... 10 more
Unable to start agent: Unable to start the connection!
INFO  [cloud.agent.Agent] (AgentShutdownThread:) Stopping the agent:
Reason = sig.kill

Any suggestion ?
Thank you very much.

Re: Cloudstack-agent can not start

Posted by Yan Bai <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Summer,

Run "yum update" on both Management Server and Host. Then restart both
machine.
Also make sure the java version you are using is java 1.7 rather than 1.8.

If you just need a basic installation, you can refer to following link:
http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/qig.html

-Yan

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Summer Nguyen <su...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Pierre,
> Thank you for your response.
> I am in testing mode, so I disable iptables on both nodes.
> I can telnet from KVM Server to Management Server 10.10.0.3 8250 .
> But I wonder if there is any problem about data response.
>
> I use Cloudstack 4.6 with CentOS 6.7 64 bits installed on both nodes.
> Any idea ?
>

> On 28/11/2015 01:01, Pierre-Luc Dion wrote:
>
>> Hi Summer,
>>
>> can you test connectivity from the KVM server that it can connect to your
>> management server?
>> host=10.10.0.3
>> port=8250
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 11:36 PM, Summer Nguyen <su...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear cloudstack user & team,
>>> I'm new to cloudstack and trying to set up a new Cloud for my company
>>> using Cloudstack with KVM .
>>> I'm stuck while adding Nodes to Cloudstack as below.
>>> I have 2 Network :
>>>
>>>   * Real Public network :
>>>       o 10 VLANS
>>>       o Run on eth0
>>>       o I want to use for : *Public network
>>>         *
>>>   * Real Private Network
>>>       o 1 VLAN
>>>       o Run in eth1
>>>       o I want to use for : Management Network, Storage Network, Guest
>>>         Network .
>>>

>>> I have 2 Machines :
>>>
>>>   * Cloudstack Manager
>>>       o IP Public : x.x.x.x