Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/30 17:53:05 UTC

Questions about producer API

Hi,

I'm still getting started with Kafka and was curious why there is an
asymmetry between the producer and consumer APIs.  Why does the producer
config take a list of brokers where as the consumer config takes a list of
brokers?

Thanks,

Roger

Re: Questions about producer API

Posted by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Neha.  I mainly wanted to understand if it was because of
historic reasons or some fundamental reason.  I think managing
configuration will be simpler if both sides use ZooKeeper for discovery.

Great to hear about the client rewrite project going on.  Thanks to you and
the other contributors/commiters for this great software.

Cheers,

Roger

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.