Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com> on 2003/10/01 13:09:12 UTC

How to use ZipFile to extract a zip file (with umlauts) created by WinZip

Hi,

I understand that the ZipFile consturctor supports encoding, however I could
not figure out how to get the filenames that contain German umlauts
correctly using ZipFile.

Which encoding do I have to use? I have tried "ASCII", "Cp1252",
"ISO-8859-1" but none of them worked.

Zsolt

RE: How to use ZipFile to extract a zip file (with umlauts) created by WinZip

Posted by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com>.
Stefan,

I created the zip file with WinZip and my applications runs on the same host
(Windows-XP).

Zsolt

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com>.
I have found the solution:

ZipFile zipFile = new ZipFile(zf, "Cp858");

Zsolt