Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Endre Furnes <e....@online.no> on 2002/01/08 20:30:50 UTC

problems in transforming with transformer buildt from dom

hi all.

I have just implemented the last version of Xalan ( j_2_2_D14), and are playing with it for testing. The way my application is set up now, I build the transformer from DOM in the following way:

public void transformer(org.w3c.dom.Document doc){

    domSource = new DOMSource(doc);
    transformerFactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
    try{
        transformer = transformerFactory.newTransformer(domSource);
    }catch(TransformerConfigurationException tce){
        System.err.println("Error in configuration");
    }
}

No exceptions from the above, but doing transformation with this is not working, as transformer complains of irregular locations of elements in the stylesheet.

Serializing the stylesheet to a file, and reparsing the stylesheet, all works fine. Anyone any idea?

Best regards Endre Furnes