Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/15 08:03:43 UTC

Trouble migrating app to Royale

I’m having all kinds of weird errors.

1:
When I try compiling DataBindingExample I get this:
    [mxmlc] /Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheRoyale/royale-asjs/examples/royale/DataBindingExample/src/main/royale/DataBindingExample.mxml
    [mxmlc] 0.408848181 seconds
    [mxmlc] /Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheRoyale/royale-asjs/examples/royale/DataBindingExample/defaults unable to open '/Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheRoyale/royale-asjs/frameworks/flex-config.xml'.
    [mxmlc] defaults (line: -1)
    [mxmlc]
Renaming royale-config.xml to flex-config.xml allows it to compile successfully.

2:

I copied the artifacts to my “nightly” folder and I get this when trying to compile my app:
build_example.compilejs:
     [echo] Compiling PortedPrintUI.js
     [echo] FLEX_HOME: /FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly
     [echo] FALCONJX_HOME: /FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly/js
     [echo] env GOOG_HOME: ${env.GOOG_HOME}
     [echo] GOOG_HOME: /FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly/js/lib/google/closure-library
     [java] MXMLJSC
     [java] +flexlib=/FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly/frameworks
     [java] -debug=true
     [java] -define=CONFIG::theme,false
     [java] -compiler.mxml.children-as-data
     [java] -compiler.binding-value-change-event=org.apache.royale.events.ValueChangeEvent
     [java] -compiler.binding-value-change-event-kind=org.apache.royale.events.ValueChangeEvent
     [java] -compiler.binding-value-change-event-type=valueChange
     [java] -compiler.binding-event-handler-interface=org.apache.royale.events.IEventDispatcher
     [java] -compiler.binding-event-handler-class=org.apache.royale.events.EventDispatcher
     [java] -compiler.binding-event-handler-event=org.apache.royale.events.Event
     [java] +playerglobal.version=11.1
     [java] +env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME=/Users/harbs/Documents/ApacheRoyale/frameworks/libs/player
     [java] -js-external-library-path+=typedefs
     [java] -js-library-path+=lib
     [java] -js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions
     [java] -remove-circulars
     [java] -html-template=/Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/src/resources/mdl-js-index-template.html
     [java] -targets=JSRoyale
     [java] -closure-lib=/FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly/js/lib/google/closure-library
     [java] /Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/src/PortedPrintUI.mxml
     [java] Missing builtin type Object
     [java]
     [java]
     [java] Unable to build SWF /Users/harbs/Documents/git/PrintUI/printui-flexjs/PortedPrintUI/src/PortedPrintUI.js

Harbs

Re: Trouble migrating app to Royale

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Everything changed.  We are renaming lots of things, the CI server has
copied of builds before the rename and we don't know if we have packaged
the right things in the renamed packages.  The Ant build did seem to work
on the CI server, so it implies your scripts are still picking up older
compilers.

-Alex

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I’m having trouble with another build script:

    <target name="compile" description="Compiles .as files into .swc">
        <echo message="Compiling libs/${ant.project.name}.swc"/>
        <echo message="FLEX_HOME: ${FLEX_HOME}"/>
        <echo message="FALCON_HOME: ${FALCON_HOME}"/>
        <!-- make JS output folder now so include-file doesn't error -->
        <mkdir dir="${basedir}/target/generated-sources/royale" />

        <compc fork="true"
            output="${basedir}/target/${target.name}">
            <jvmarg line="${compc.jvm.args}"/>
            <load-config filename="${basedir}/src/main/config/compile-as-config.xml" />
            <arg value="+playerglobal.version=${playerglobal.version}" />
            <arg value="+env.AIR_HOME=${env.AIR_HOME}" />
            <arg value="-define=COMPILE::SWF,true" />
            <arg value="-define=COMPILE::JS,false" />
        </compc>
    </target>

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes. See: https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/asconfigc/pull/15 <https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/asconfigc/pull/15>

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
I saw that version without dependency to Flash Player - js only package
uses that version of playerglobal 11.7 in flex-config.xml. Will have to
change something in asconfigc ? I'm just wondering, cause I believe there
will be work to do in case of Moonshine in order to support Royale and as
you know at some point Moonshine is quite connect to Josh's work.

I'm glad that your local build is working. I hope Alex will be able to fix
compiler build on Jenkins. We are quite close to finish renaming I think so.

Thanks, Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Re: Trouble migrating app to Royale

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I think he said we would have an option to support both, but the file *was* renamed, hence the problem…

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,