Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2004/04/01 04:50:40 UTC

Re: [patch] MultiSearcher should support getSearchables()

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> No question that it'd be unwise to do.  We could say the same argument
> for making everything public access as well and say it'd be stupid to
> override this method, but we made it public anyway.  I'd rather opt on
> the side of safety.
>
> Besides, you haven't provided a use case for why you need to get the
> searchers back from a MultiSearcher :)

Just ease of use really... I have our MultiSearcher reload transparently
and this case I can verify that I'm using the right array of searchers
not one that's already been reloaded behind me.

I can add some code to preserve the original searcher array but it's a pain.

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.

    http://peerfear.org/pubkey.asc