Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Linda Wan <lw...@bdi-ne.com> on 2006/10/27 13:34:14 UTC

how to send post-commit email

Hi,

I am using subvsersion server 1.3.0 in Suse linux 10. And I am having
trouble to config post-commit email.

I did the following to trigger commit event to send email :

1). Copy post-commit.tmpl to post-commit

2). Open post-commit, commented out the last two lines and add this:

/usr/share/subversions/tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.pl "$REPOS" "$REV"

me@gmail.com

And I am sure that path to sendmail and path to svnlook in the
commit-email.pl is all right.

But when I did commit a change, I didn't see any email send to me.

Did I missing something else?

Thanks for help in advance!

--Linda

Re: how to send post-commit email

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.
On 10/27/06, Linda Wan <lw...@bdi-ne.com> wrote:

> Actually you are right, that is my typo here.
> In the post-commit file, it looks like this:
> /usr/share/subversion/tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.pl "$REPOS" "$REV"
> me@gmail.com

(1) Just checking: "me@gmail.com" is on the same line, right? I am assming
it is.
(2) Do you know whether post-commit is being executed? Did you give execute
permission for this file?

rgds
--
-Hari Kodungallur