Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <st...@adolos.co.uk> on 2001/07/13 18:37:48 UTC

[C2] AbstractComplementaryConfigurationAction & the cocoon:/ uri type

The DatabaseActions rely on xml form-descriptors.  How easy would it be to
allow them to be loaded from the sitemap so that the xml of the
form-descriptors can be generated on the fly?

e.g.:

    <map:action name="database-update"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseUpdateAction"/>

         <map:match pattern="submit/*">
             <map:act type="database-update">
                 <map:parameter name="form-descriptor"
						value="cocoon:/form-descriptor/{1}.xml"/>
                 <map:redirect-to uri="index.html" />
             </map:act>
         </map:match>

While I'm talking about actions, I note that the demo cocoon sitemap
contains the following:

    <map:match pattern="redirect">
     <map:act type="request">
      <map:redirect-to uri="{dest}"/>
     </map:act>
    </map:match>

which if required, I think, should be:

    <map:match pattern="redirect">
     <map:act type="request">
      <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true" />
      <map:redirect-to uri="{dest}"/>
     </map:act>
    </map:match>

Stuart.