Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by herbison <he...@nortel.com> on 2007/01/13 00:58:12 UTC

XML Encoding

I need to write a function that will return a XML document.  When I do this
the xml is encode with &lt; and &gt;.  How do I stop this from happing?

THe wsdd look like this:
    <service   name="iTrapService"   provider="java:RPC" >
        <parameter name="className" value="iTrapAPI"/>
        <parameter name="scope" value="session"/>
    </service>
</deployment>

Re: XML Encoding

Posted by herbison <he...@nortel.com>.
Thank you Anne!

Until now I've been using the RPC style because it was easy and I had
control of who wanted to consume my services, only me!  Now I have some
macromedia flex folks wanting to use them and the xml encoding is not to
their liking.  I tried the wrapped style but the xml still comes across as
stated below.  If I use the message style then I will have to conform my
services to one of:

public Element [] method(Element [] bodies) or
public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] boides) or
public Document method(Document body) or
public void method(SOAPBodyEnvelope req, SOAPBodyEnvelope resp) ???

will the flex code on the client side have to use these same classes?

So their choices are the message style of do the encoding?

Re: XML Encoding

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.