Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/22 10:11:07 UTC

RE: Jetspeed vs Jahia

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 09:58, clombart@netscape.net wrote:
> I'm working on an integration between Slide and Jetspeed. Currently, I have defined a "Slide Turbine service" and different portlets for the content management. I have a small portlet for accessing Slide content
> and another one for the administration (add, delete, view proporties, ...).
> It is not difficult to create another portlet template which used the same Slide Turbine service.

If you have things like a Slide service which are generally useful you
might want to post a list to the Turbine list. If your service isn't
already working with Fulcrum (the decoupled services framework taken
from turbine 2.x) then you can probably get some help with that. I will
definitely help you make it work with Fulcrum as the service code in
Turbine 2.x has been declared dead.

I know other people have been thinking about integrating Slide and this
would be a valuable addition as a service. If you have tests then it can
be integrated into Fulcrum right away I'm sure.

> The current solution is not finished and I want to be Slide independant in order to use another CMS engine. The issue is there is no CMS API specifications for java. So, I'm creating my own spec :-(
>
> On the other hand, I'm interesting to build an opensource portlet market place (base on Jetspeed in the beginning). The main target is to build some reusable portlets (mail, CMS, reporting, forum...). I'm interesting to know if the Jetspeed community is interesting by that !
>
> Concerning Jahia, I don't see a better CMS/web publishing.
> I'm ok, they have they own "portlet market place" but currently, it is not important portlets. I have the same reaction for "liferay".
> Furthermore, Jetspeed developpers seems to be more interesting by a robust portlet API specfication (see on http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/168.jsp).
>
> Christophe
>
> Stephane Croisier <wh...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm a Java consultant and I am now evaluating some Java open source alternatives in the portal/CMS market for one of my customers.
> >
> >Among others (e.g. Enhydra Brock project - but seems dead - or the liferay.com implementation - is there others?), I also evaluated the new Jahia Portal Server 3.0 (http://www.jahia.org not free but at least open source and money is not the main issue) and it seems to me that their portal framework is better integrated with a full CMS/web publishing solution. Do you plan such integration in the future (with Slide for example)? Do you plan any integration with the Lucene search engine?
> >
> >They also have a list of a dozen of ready-to-use web applications, do you have a list of extended web applications/portlets that may run with JetSpeed excepted the one mentionned on: http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/catalog.html?
> >
> >Is there companies that are offering commercial support on JetSpeed?
> >
> >Thanks for your comments
> >
> >Pierre

> >Yahoo! Mail -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en fran硩s !

jvz.