Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com> on 2010/03/23 01:29:15 UTC

Inter-module dependencies

Hi

I have a multi-module maven 2 JEE project. The structure is like this:

root\
        module 1
                         pom.xml   ( packages into .war)
        module 2
                        pom.xml (packages into .war)
       pom.xml

Some of the classes in module 2 make use of classes from module 1. How
do I specify the module 1 dependency for module 2? I tried to use
maven-sources-plugin for module 1 which copied the sources jar
into .m2 repository. But I am not able to reference it from module 2
pom.xml.

What is the best way to specify such kind of inter-module dependency?

--Viv

Re: Inter-module dependencies

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Viv Kapadekar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a multi-module maven 2 JEE project. The structure is like this:
>
> root\
>        module 1
>                         pom.xml   ( packages into .war)
>        module 2
>                        pom.xml (packages into .war)
>       pom.xml
>

> Some of the classes in module 2 make use of classes from module 1. How
> do I specify the module 1 dependency for module 2? I tried to use
> maven-sources-plugin for module 1 which copied the sources jar into
> .m2 repository. But I am not able to reference it from module 2 pom.xml.
>
> What is the best way to specify such kind of inter-module dependency?

Make a 3rd project that creates a jar and add it to both war projects as
a dependency.

Ron