Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de> on 2015/02/18 10:49:32 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError in compileCoffeeScript task

Hi,

the compileCoffeeScript task started to fail on my machine yesterday. I
cannot get it to work, neither with JDK 7 nor with 8, also neither with
Gradle 2.2 nor 2.3.
And, curiously, even if I checkout an older commit (like from half a
year ago), I get the same error. Anyone seen that before?

$ gradle clean tapestry-core:cCS --stacktrace
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils
	at
ro.isdc.wro.extensions.processor.js.RhinoCoffeeScriptProcessor.process(RhinoCoffeeScriptProcessor.java:59)
	at
ro.isdc.wro.model.resource.processor.ResourcePreProcessor$process.call(Unknown
Source)
	at
t5build.CompileCoffeeScript$_doCompile_closure2.doCall(CompileCoffeeScript.groovy:54)

commons-io should be pulled in via wro4j-core.

Re: NoClassDefFoundError in compileCoffeeScript task

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.
Am 18.02.2015 um 21:31 schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
> Can you try running it with the gradle wrapper?  It may be related to the
> exact version of Gradle you are using.

No, that didn't change anything. However, rm -fr ~/.gradle/caches did.
There was probably a broken jar or pom lying around somewhere.

Re: NoClassDefFoundError in compileCoffeeScript task

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 3:04 AM, Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>
wrote:

> Hmm, it works on a different machine. I tried removing .gradle/ and
> running with --recompile-scripts, but that didn't help. I was even
> desperate enough to reboot, but to no avail.
>
> Am 18.02.2015 um 10:49 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> the compileCoffeeScript task started to fail on my machine yesterday. I
>> cannot get it to work, neither with JDK 7 nor with 8, also neither with
>> Gradle 2.2 nor 2.3.
>> And, curiously, even if I checkout an older commit (like from half a
>> year ago), I get the same error. Anyone seen that before?
>>
>> $ gradle clean tapestry-core:cCS --stacktrace
>> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils
>>      at
>> ro.isdc.wro.extensions.processor.js.RhinoCoffeeScriptProcessor.process(
>> RhinoCoffeeScriptProcessor.java:59)
>>
>>      at
>> ro.isdc.wro.model.resource.processor.ResourcePreProcessor$process.
>> call(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at
>> t5build.CompileCoffeeScript$_doCompile_closure2.doCall(
>> CompileCoffeeScript.groovy:54)

>> commons-io should be pulled in via wro4j-core.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship

Re: NoClassDefFoundError in compileCoffeeScript task

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.