Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/12/23 09:19:43 UTC

Solr CWIKI ready for experimenting

See this thread for background...
http://www.nabble.com/Confluence-wiki-vs-MoinMoin-to14207960.html

The new Solr Confluence wiki is ready for experimenting ... i played with
it just enough to confirm that i can create pages and manage users ... the
permissions should currently be setup so that anyone who makes an account
can "comment" on pages, but only people in the "asf-cla" (or one of the
numerous solr-* groups that seem to have been created automaticly by the
Confluence wiki software) can add or edit pages.

    http://cwiki.apache.org/SOLRxSITE/

the only problem is: the groups all have to be managed manually -- they
aren't auto generated from ASF unix groups or anytihng like that
(basically it's done the same as jira .... which is kind of nice since it
lets you use a differnet email if you want)

So, where that leaves us is that i (or someone else in the
"confluence-admin" group, but no one else in that group is a Lucene'r so
let's not bug them) need to add people to groups *after* they/you create a
Conflucene account...

     http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action

If you are a Solr committer and/or have a CLA on file with the ASF and
want ot help with Solr documentation, please reply to this thread when you
make an account (with the account name please), and i'll add you to the
appropriate groups.

-Hoss

Re: Solr CWIKI ready for experimenting

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 25-Dec-07, at 6:17 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
>

>> : So, where that leaves us is that i (or someone else in the
>> "confluence-admin"
>> : group, but no one else in that group is a Lucene'r so let's not
>> bug them) need
>> : to add people to groups *after* they/you create a Conflucene
>> account...
>> :
>> :     http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action
>
> hook me up, yo: erikhatcher

Me three: klaas

thanks,
-Mike

Re: Solr CWIKI ready for experimenting

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 24, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : So, where that leaves us is that i (or someone else in the
> "confluence-admin"
> : group, but no one else in that group is a Lucene'r so let's not
> bug them) need
> : to add people to groups *after* they/you create a Conflucene
> account...
> :
> :     http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/signup.action

hook me up, yo: erikhatcher

	Erik

Re: Solr CWIKI ready for experimenting

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for getting this set up Chris!

I've been messed around with it, and think I have the hang of it.  I
converted everything from the current "site" and it raised a few issues:

1. We need to figure out how to deal with dates on the old news?
Ideally we could transpose old "news" into the new system keeping the
old dates.  We can either show a full listing like:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLRxSITE/News
or just the titles:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLRxSITE/Index

2. I would like to edit the template to keep a main navigation bar on
the left -- similar to the current site:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
  and
http://mc4j.org/confluence/display/stripes/Home

This should be possible by editing the "main.vmd" file for this site
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Layouts
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+With+Decorator+Macros

It looks like this needs to be done by a "confluence-admin"

3. We need to figure out how to manage relative links to API docs so an
exported site can function properly by itself and for versioned
releases.  I don't think there is any automatic way to do this, but the
distribution script could replace:
  http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/
with
  ../api/  (or whatever)

4. Can we export the cwiki to http://lucene.apache.org?  The active wiki
lives at:
  http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLRxSITE/Index
this is periodically exported to:
  http://cwiki.apache.org/SOLRxSITE/
But (if I understand correctly) we want this to live at:
  http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

If that is the case, we just want a redirect sitting at
http://cwiki.apache.org/SOLRxSITE/ to avoid any confusion and make sure
all links actually point to http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

I'm sure there is more, but that is all for now....

ryan

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris!

ryantxu

Enjoy your holiday and I hope you feel better soon.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Dec 23, 2007 3:19 AM, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> please reply to this thread when you
> make an account (with the account name please), and i'll add you to the
> appropriate groups.

Cool, thanks for getting this going!

Account User Name: yonik

-Yonik

Re: Solr CWIKI ready for experimenting

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hoss,     I have recreated my Conflucene accout.  My account name is billa.
 Please add me to the appropriate groups.  Thanks.

Happy holidays.

Bill

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
erik: someone already handled your account
mike, thorsten: added to appropriate groups.

-Yonik

Re: Solr CWIKI ready for experimenting

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 00:19 -0800, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> If you are a Solr committer and/or have a CLA on file with the ASF and
> want ot help with Solr documentation, please reply to this thread when you
> make an account (with the account name please), and i'll add you to the
> appropriate groups.

If possible to have an account with write access I would like one (never
know when I will write some lines of docu). ;)

Login: thorsten

salu2