Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/02 20:53:18 UTC

Re: Why do Private Assets have to be Classpath Resources?

Yes there is a reason. I have my own configuration files for different sites that are serviced by the same tapestry application. I do not want my configuration files to be public, and I also do not want to store the css files that correspond to each individual configuration file in a different directory. Therefore, the private asset would be ideal for this type of use. If performance really were an issue (which in my experience it is not for css files) then I could use the private asset to externalize the files and serve them via Apache.

I suppose I could also package my configuration files in the classpath, but it seems more appropriate to keep them with other configuration files in WEB-INF and makes them more accessible for editing in production.

This is why I believe private assets should not be limited to classpath assets.

Kris