Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Joeseph Zeldin <jo...@togetherlab.com> on 2001/03/15 18:28:11 UTC

DTD parser

Hello All,

I want to create my own DTD parser. I know that the class
XMLDTDScanner provides all interface for it. Ok. I wrote my peace of
code to provide my parser functionality: I implemented
XMLDTDScanner.EventHandler and called fDTDScanner.scanDecls(true); I
got too many NullPointerExceptions I never saw again. Wow. I set all
possible hadlers, validators, event handlers, but got NullPointerExceptions
in other places. As I understood there is only one way to parse DTD:
create a little XML for DTD and parse it.

Am I right???

Do you know any way to parse DTD WITHOUT frigging XML???

I'm sorry to put it harsh, but I indeed had bad time with XERCES.

--
Best regards,
 Joeseph                          mailto:joe@togetherlab.com