Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Panayotis Antonopoulos <an...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/01 03:30:46 UTC

RE: Help with NPE during bulk load (completebulkload)

You are right the -c flag doesn't work on CDH3U0 version.

-Dhbase.cluster.distributed=true solved the problem for the bulk upload.

However I am having the same NPE while trying to use the TableInputFormat.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Regards,
Panagiotis.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
2011/4/30 Panayotis Antonopoulos <an...@hotmail.com>

> You are right the -c flag doesn't work on CDH3U0 version.
>
> -Dhbase.cluster.distributed=true solved the problem for the bulk upload.
>
> However I am having the same NPE while trying to use the TableInputFormat.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on?

Make sure that, when you pass a config into TableInputFormat, that you use
HBaseConfiguration.create() rather than new Configuration().

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera