Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by peng dai <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/03 07:58:04 UTC

Some Questions about guacamole-client-0.9.9

Hi,there.
           I am studying and using guacamole now, I do not know if it
is suitable to ask quesions here,if it is not popular or disturbing
you ,just ignore this.
           I installed guacamole and deploy guacamole-client.war.I
using noauth extensions.
   I want to dynamically add config to noauth-config.xml,but I found
that if i don't clean the
cookie,the config can not be loaded,I then turned to the code in
guacamole-client,I found that a method  getUserMapping,
/**
     * Returns a UserMapping containing all authorization data given within
     * the XML file specified by the "basic-user-mapping" property in
     * guacamole.properties. If the XML file has been modified or has not yet
     * been read, this function may reread the file.
     *
     * @return
     *     A UserMapping containing all authorization data within the user
     *     mapping XML file, or null if the file cannot be found/parsed.
     */
    private UserMapping getUserMapping() {}
in my opinion,I think this is the method that make user and configs into a map.
so i just want to forcebily refresh the map for every request,the
method comments
says that " If the XML file has been modified or has not yet been read
this function may reread the file",what does the "may reread" means?
why it is not   "be certain to reread"?is there somebody knows this
issue? or what can i do to dynamically add configs into
noauth-cofig.xml?
       Thank you very much!!!! if this disturbing you,I apologize for this.

Re: Some Questions about guacamole-client-0.9.9

Posted by peng dai <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Nick ,Mike.
        Thank you for your clearly explaination,  I  will try to use a
database or LDAP in my project to solve this problem,as for writing an
extension ,it depends. If i have time i will try
to write an extension.
        Thank you once again.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@seakr.com>.
So, first, I think Mike would tell you not to use the NoAuth driver.  It is not really designed to be dynamically configured, so I don't think there's any way to change it on the fly.  If you need to configure connections on-the-fly, either the Database or LDAP modules should allow you to do this - you can configure the connections in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or LDAP, and reload the home page, and you'll see the connections.  The DB and LDAP modules are pretty easy to set up and use.

-Nick

[...]

==
This e-mail may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Confidential and Proprietary Information. If this message is not intended for you, you are strictly prohibited from using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please delete the message from your mailbox. This e-mail may contain export-controlled material and should be handled accordingly.