Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by David Zhang <Zh...@si.edu> on 2005/11/10 19:18:09 UTC

Lenya supports choosing templates when creating new documents?

Hi, Lenya is new to me and I am evaluating this tool now.

I have read all documentation on the Lenya site and still have some
questions
and feel this tool is great but it is still fuzzy to me.

Does Lenya support choosing templates when creating new documents?
In the out-of-box version, I have no choice. Our requirement is that users
be
able to choose one from a list of document templates to start when creating
a new
document. By templates, I mean they has defined visual layout and place
holders
and users simply fill those place holders.

Thanks for your attention and answer! Any pointer is welcome!

David

Re: Lenya supports choosing templates when creating new documents?

Posted by Felix Röthenbacher <fe...@wyona.com>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:
> Hi David,
> In Lenya 1.4 there is support for multiple "sammples" to start editing
> from.
>
> I haven't used it in a while.  In your modules (xhtml perhaps)
> module.xconf file (modules/xhtml/config/module.xconf) add your extra
> samples and name them like so:
>
> <sample-name>fallback://lenya/modules/xhtml/samples/xhtml.xml</sample-name>
> <sample-name name="Two Column
> Layout">fallback://lenya/modules/xhtml/samples/xhtml-2col.xml</sample-name>
> (http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=290956&view=rev)

IIRC, there is also the possibility to add additional sample in your
publication.xconf. For example for the resource type xhtml:

   <resource-type workflow="workflow.xml" name="xhtml">
     <sample-name name="Two Column
Layout">fallback://lenya/modules/xhtml/samples/xhtml-2col.xml</sample-name>
   </resource-type>

It's even possible to give a pipeline as the sample source which allows
you to generate the samples dynamically.

hth

- Felix

Felix Röthenbacher                  felix.roethenbacher@wyona.com

Re: Lenya supports choosing templates when creating new documents?

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
There is also a template selection capability built into the FCKeditor
WYSIWYG editor.  Within the editor, the user clicks on an icon and a
list of XHTML templates is available for choosing as a starting point
to include in the editing area.  See
http://wiki.fckeditor.net/Developer's_Guide/Configuration/Templates

FCKeditor is a full-featured, mature WYSIWYG editor.  But its
integration into Lenya is NOT yet complete. Several important bugs
remain and may take several more weeks to work out.  See
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToIntegrateFCKEditor.  Help wanted.

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi David,