Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ben Kim <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 07:35:43 UTC

Hadoop 2.0.4: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Hi I downloaded hadoop 2.0.4 and keep getting these errors from hadoop cli
and MapReduce task logs

13/05/24 14:34:17 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

i tried adding $HADOOP_HOME/lib/native/* to CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
but none of these worked.

Had anyone have similar problem?

TY!

--

*Benjamin Kim*
*benkimkimben at gmail*

Re: Hadoop 2.0.4: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The native libraries packed in a binary tarball of 2.0.4 may not apply
to all OSes and architectures. You will need to build your own native
libraries to make sure they are appropriate for your servers/clients.

Instructions for native builds are available in the downloaded
tarball's src/BUILDING.txt file.

An alternative, and a much simpler way, is to use Apache Bigtop
(http://bigtop.apache.org) which can build packages for you on almost
any popular OS today, and it also includes the right native libs in
the package.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop 2.0.4: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop 2.0.4: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop 2.0.4: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J