Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/31 22:22:47 UTC

[Extensions]User reports problem updating an extension

A Spanish user report problems updating an extension

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-ii-spanish

(a translation to Professional Template Pack II - English)

As you can see, there are two download entries: the lower one leads nowhere
(the download site report "file could not be found or is not available")
while the other is an external link to google drive. The extension used to
be hosted on an external server, but the user prefers to upload it on the
extension site and delete the google drive link: the problem is that he is
not able to do so.

Note that the author maintain several other extensions (mainly, clip-arts)
without problem.

Maybe the extension is too big (~20 MiB)?

Regards
Ricardo

Re: [Extensions]User reports problem updating an extension

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/8/1 Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>

> 2013/7/31 Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>
>
>> A Spanish user report problems updating an extension
>>

>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/professional-template-pack-ii-spanish
>>
>> (a translation to Professional Template Pack II - English)
>>
>> As you can see, there are two download entries: the lower one leads
>> nowhere (the download site report "file could not be found or is not
>> available") while the other is an external link to google drive. The
>> extension used to be hosted on an external server, but the user prefers to
>> upload it on the extension site and delete the google drive link: the
>> problem is that he is not able to do so.
>>

> I would encourage the Spanish author to create a new release and unpublish
> the old ones. The maximum size is 32 MByte, but there are constraints also
> on the upload time. If he/she is not subscribed to this mailing-list please
> ask him/her to report any error he/she gets.

Thanks, Roberto, I'll pass the info to the user and report back the results.

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.