Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by Roger L Costello <co...@mitre.org> on 2021/11/16 18:34:10 UTC

Missing quote causes Daffodil to hang forever

Hi Folks,

Notice below the missing quote with the last attribute of the dfdl:format element. When I parse a DFDL schema containing this dfdl:format element, Daffodil hangs forever.  /Roger

    <xs:annotation>
        <xs:appinfo source="http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/">
            <dfdl:format
                textBidi="no"
                separatorSuppressionPolicy="trailingEmpty"
                floating="no"
                encodingErrorPolicy="replace"
                outputNewLine="%CR;%LF;"
                leadingSkip="0"
                trailingSkip="0"
                alignment="1"
                alignmentUnits="bytes"
                textPadKind="none"
                textTrimKind="none"
                truncateSpecifiedLengthString="no"
                escapeSchemeRef=""
                representation="binary"
                encoding="ASCII"
                separator = ""
                initiator = ""
                terminator = ""
                ignoreCase = "yes"
                sequenceKind="ordered"
                initiatedContent="no"
                fillByte="%SP;"
                lengthKind="implicit"
                byteOrder="littleEndian
            />
        </xs:appinfo>
    </xs:annotation>

Re: Missing quote causes Daffodil to hang forever

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Thanks, I am able to reproduce this on 3.1.0 and the current development
branch. I've opened a ticket to get this fixed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-2586