Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brian Martin <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/14 18:04:04 UTC

User Axis and running a simple web service

Dear Sir,

You asked me what I think.

I am definitely frustrated at this point that I cannot
run a very simple example of the web service. The book
that have Axis examples also do not seem to work.

I would really like to know if there is a "Axis for
Dummies" simple example for "Hello , Web Services"
,because I have followed your instructions but I have
not been able to run your examples or the Wrox book ro
the "Java for Web Services" example.

I have:

1- Tomcat - This is working fine.
2 - Followed instructions:Put the axis.jar , etc in
the classpath
3- Examples do not work.
4 - Step 5 of the installation instructions, I am
completely lost. Where are these files?

http://taxes.yahoo.com/