Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Yang, Gang CTR USA" <ga...@us.army.mil> on 2009/09/17 21:31:37 UTC

Maven-war-plugin overlay adds dependent war artifacts to current project's webapp during build?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the maven-war-plugin to overlay a dependent war on top
of my current war project. The overlay occurred correctly. However,
during the build process, where the overlay occurs, the dependent war's
artifacts are added to my current war project's webapp directory
permanently. This causes source control problem for my current project.
I don't really want to include those dependent war's artifact when
commit the changes for my current war project. Is there a way to change
this behavior? Argueablely, the implementation should have used a temp
directory to do the overlay and keep the current war project's webapp
"as is".

Thanks,
Gang

RE: Maven-war-plugin overlay adds dependent war artifacts to current project's webapp during build?

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR USA" <ga...@us.army.mil>.
No, the output showed that war:war was used. But thanks any way. I
worked this around by putting the conflicting configuration files in a
separate dir and used <webResources> to bring them in. This seem to
happen after the overlay process and re-writes those files correctly.

Gang