Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Teemu Hiltunen <te...@uta.fi> on 2001/03/26 10:14:30 UTC

[Turbine] Double initialization in stand-alone application?

Greetings!

While trying to create a stand-alone application that uses some Turbine
services I get following notice:

***
Turbine: init
Turbine: init
Turbine: Turbine: init() Ready to Rumble!
Turbine: init
Turbine: Double initialization of Turbine was attempted!
***

I don't know whether this is even an error. The code that produces the
notice is:

***
TurbineConfig tc = new TurbineConfig( ".", "TurbineResources.properties"
);
tc.init();
***

I haven't made any changes into properties-file but just copied it from
a web-application that worked fine.

Teemu Hiltunen

Re: [Turbine] Double initialization in stand-alone application?

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
Teemu Hiltunen wrote:

> Ookkay.. the double initialization message is gone when I get rid off
> "tc.init()" call. The error is in Turbine documentation at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/getting-started.html ?

Are you using CVS HEAD Turbine? There was an error in TurbineConfig,
that
caused this kind of behaviour but it was fixed a long time ago.

You are supposed to call init() directly, just as the doc says.

Rafal

--
Rafal Krzewski
Senior Internet Developer

Re: [Turbine] Double initialization in stand-alone application?

Posted by Teemu Hiltunen <te...@uta.fi>.