Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Albert Strasheim <13...@sun.ac.za> on 2007/01/21 16:45:52 UTC

Python wrapper for ActiveMQ-CPP

Hello all,

I've been working on a Python wrapper for the ActiveMQ C++ library for
the past two weeks. I've gotten it to the point where it successfully
sends and receives messages (synchronously) so I thought some of you
might want to take a look.

Instead of implementing a pure Python library, I decided to wrap the
ActiveMQ C++ library with Boost.Python (I'd also like to try SWIG in the
near future). The rationale here was that when the ActiveMQ C++ guys
finish their Openwire support, the Python library gets Openwire support
with little or no effort.

To get a feel of what the API looks like, you can take a look at the
test I've been using to drive development:

http://pyactivemq.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/test/test.py

The project home page is here:

http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/

Details for getting the source are here:

http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/source

Details for building the source and running the tests are here:

http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/wiki/Building

Comments welcome.

I'll make a release with source tarballs, Windows installers and all
that once I've sorted out the wrapping of MessageListener (getting the
C++ library to call back into Python in a thread safe manner is a bit
tricky). Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Albert

Re: Python wrapper for ActiveMQ-CPP

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.