Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Kubiak, Thomas" <Th...@eu.sony.com> on 2005/10/24 17:08:30 UTC

Problems with saving in Kupu / Lenya

Hello guys.

We are using IE6, Kupu 1.2 and Lenya 1.2.x. Sometimes it happens, that we
cannot save any changes for a document. Kupu says "saving...", no error
message or similar occurs, but the old state is restored. Nothing new can be
added. Impossible! Sometimes a server restarts helps. Our users are angry
because the loose all the changes and/or new documents. The curious thing
is, that a new document always could be save a several times. But if a
certain "level" or situation is reached, we can't do anything. Tried it with
Firefox, but the same problem.

Any ideas please ?

Kind regards

Thomas

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony�s global policies and standards

Re: [kupu-dev] Problems with saving in Kupu / Lenya

Posted by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>.
Kubiak, Thomas wrote:
> We are using IE6, Kupu 1.2 and Lenya 1.2.x. Sometimes it happens, that we
> cannot save any changes for a document. Kupu says "saving...", no error
> message or similar occurs, but the old state is restored. Nothing new can be
> added. Impossible! Sometimes a server restarts helps. Our users are angry
> because the loose all the changes and/or new documents. The curious thing
> is, that a new document always could be save a several times. But if a
> certain "level" or situation is reached, we can't do anything. Tried it with
> Firefox, but the same problem.
>
> Any ideas please ?

I'd probably get a packet sniffer such as Ethereal up and running and
see what's really going on between the server and the browser. You may
see errors that the browser never shows...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Problems with saving in Kupu / Lenya

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 10/24/05, Kubiak, Thomas <Th...@eu.sony.com> wrote:
> We are using IE6, Kupu 1.2 and Lenya 1.2.x. Sometimes it happens, that we
> cannot save any changes for a document. Kupu says "saving...", no error
> message or similar occurs, but the old state is restored. Nothing new can be
> added. Impossible! Sometimes a server restarts helps. Our users are angry
> because the loose all the changes and/or new documents. The curious thing
> is, that a new document always could be save a several times. But if a
> certain "level" or situation is reached, we can't do anything. Tried it with
> Firefox, but the same problem.

The "saved without modification" can occur if there are any XSL errors in
  build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/lenya/kupusave.xsl
Forget to end a tag and saving just returns the original document
without any errors or changes. It probably happens if any XSL file is
incorrect.  Check the XSL in every file you have modified.

I have no idea why it works and then stops working.

Kupu-devs: Is there a method of logging this type of error?
Lenay devs: Can we display a message when this happens?

solprovider