Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthias Hryniszak <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/05 16:01:37 UTC

Maven Tomcat 6/7/8 plugin

Hi all,

I'm new to this list so let me briefly introduce myself. My name is
Matthias and I live in Poland. I'm a software architect for Lumesse, an
British software development company. The core of our development is talent
acquisition and talent management software. The part I'm working with is
e-learning solutions.

Now that you all know me let me ask you a question: are there any plans on
releasing a new version of the maven-tomcat7-plugin and/or an upgrade to
maven-tomcat8-plugin? We're falling short a bit on the lack of remote IP
valve in the current release and I was wondering if that's going to be
released any time soon. Please note the last release (2.2) was November
2013 and there's been lots of changes so it'd be great to have them
stabilized and released - not to mention the upgrade over embedded Tomcat
version.

Looking forward to your response!

Cheers,
Matthias.

Re: Maven Tomcat 6/7/8 plugin

Posted by Matthias Hryniszak <pa...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

unfortunately after careful examination it turns out that there is a
difference in how the RemoteIpFilter and RemoteIpValve work.

The filter operates on a wrapped request. This means that the call to
request.getRequestURL() - as used by
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.setupMessage(...) -
since it is not overwritten it is invoked directly on the original
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request (through
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade) and not on the wrapper. The
latter one doesn't know about the modifications to request properties as
they are implemented in another instance.

The valve modifies directly the underlying
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request and therefore the call to
Request.getRequestURL() returns the actual result.

So I guess we're back to square one where a solution to add the
RequestIpValve is the only viable solution (not just in this case but
basically everywhere where the Request.getRequestURL() method is used since
it does not return proper result).

Any ideas on getting the valve installed when running mvn tomcat7:run in
the current version (2.2) ?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Matthias.

Re: Maven Tomcat 6/7/8 plugin

Posted by Matthias Hryniszak <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven Tomcat 6/7/8 plugin

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@pivotal.io>.

Re: Maven Tomcat 6/7/8 plugin

Posted by Matthias Hryniszak <pa...@gmail.com>.

I'm looking for RemoteIpValve support in maven-tomcat7-plugin. I know the

Re: Maven Tomcat 6/7/8 plugin

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.